YogaToes

YogaToes_symptoms

Monday, November 16, 2015

Plantar Fasciitis and Peyton Manning, the joys of fantasy football!

So, we have hit this subject matter on  more than  on one occasion.  As foot and ankle surgeons, it is not uncommon in a typical day to see at least 15 patients that have heel pain or plantar fasciitis.  These people often present with the same core set of symptoms in general. First and foremost, they always describe first step in the morning pain or pain after they have been resting and get up pain.  Some people describe pain in their feet after being up and standing for more than a couple hours, with their pain being concentrated basically at their heel on the bottom.

It's Sunday, it 11am and you are sitting comfortably and getting your last minute adjustments made to your fantasy football team. Then you see it, that capital P, for your rock star player being probable. Probable??? Peyton Manning probable?? What kind of nonsense is that? Upon reading on, you read the two words Plantar Fasciitis.

If you are lucky, you have already had this in your lifetime so you know it hurts but can most likely play through the pain for a couple million dollars.

But actually, if you are one of the lucky ones who has never had this, you may not know if it is worth the risk to play the "P" player who has plantar fasciitis.  We figured as two foot and ankle surgeons that make up the "2 Pods and A Microphone" Podcast, we could fill you in on what is Plantar Fasciitis, and is it something you should bench your fantasy football player or take the chance and play them.

The plantar fascia is a tight band on the bottom of the foot that connects the heel bone, the calcaneus, to the long flexor tendons to the toes. What I always tell patients when they come into the office with heel pain or plantar fasciitis, is that even though it hurts so darn bad the cure really revolves around stretching believe or not in most cases.  Sure it can require a medicine by mouth or even a shot with some extra support in shoe gear, but this does not have to be a deal breaker for your fantasy football player.  I have 65 year old patients that can got from a 10 to a 1 on the pain scale with some simple steps.


People find it hard to believe that stretching, icing and support can be the perfect combo to relieve and help get rid of their heel pain, but it's true!!!!The plantar fascia is a tight band on the bottom of the foot that connects the heel bone, the calcaneus, to the long flexor tendons to the toes. What I always tell patients when they come into the office with heel pain or plantar fasciitis, is that even though it hurts so darn bad the cure really does revolve around stretching believe or not, in most cases.  Sure it can require a medicine by mouth or even a shot with some extra support in shoe gear but it is usually a simple fix.

The fix is simple but, depending in how long it takes you to seek help to get better, could be the deciding factor on how long it actually takes you to get better.  The sooner you seek care, start the stretching exercises and put good support in you shoes, the sooner you are on the road to recovery.

Steps to getting rid of your heel pain:

1.  No barefoot for the next 6-8 weeks
2.  Static calf stretches (if you do not know what that means check out our Pinterest Page Heel Pain          Helpers http://www.pinterest.com/cafcdpm/heel-pain-helpers/


3.  Get a 16-20oz bottle of water, freeze it and take it out of the freezer at least 2x's a day and roll it           back and forth under your foot with a thin sock on or barefoot(I tell patients all of the time that           this is like physical therapy with out a copay)

4.  Look at your shoes, if they have no arch support ditch them or get a really good arch support like our over the counter arch supports for heel pain like spenco
5.  Of course, if you can take an anti-inflammatory and you have no drug interactions that will also help this feel better for you.



Stretching Exercises Stick Figure Illustrations below
(by Dr, McGowan, she's a podiatrist not an artist, don't judge people)





If you have heel pain or plantar fasciitis, and it has been longer than two weeks you should see a podiatrist.  If you live in Central Florida, of course the podiatrist you should see is Dr. McGowan or Dr, Henne! Our webpage is http://centeranklefootcare.com/index.html where you can explore more about all the different services we offer at all 3 of our locations.

5 comments:

  1. There are various online sources to provide you informative details on this topic,
    but this is one is very helpful.
    urgent care brooklyn heights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog.Your post about plantar fasciitis is very useful. Keep posting, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS GENUINE. NO SCAM. Hi! My name is Myriam Boyer. I want to tell my testimony to the whole world how this great and powerful man called great baba helped me to bring back my partner. My man left me for another lady for five years. I almost gave up until my friend advised me and introduced me to this great man whom she met on the internet. I never believed at first but she encouraged me and i tried to believe and contacted him on his email. I told and explained everything to him and he assured me that he will help me and that i should not worry too much. I believed him and i did all that he asked me to do which i did and it work perfectly and my husband came back to me begging for forgiveness. I am so happy and excited now. I discovered that when my husband came back he even loved me more than the way he used to love me before he left me. great baba opened up his eyes to see how much i love him and how much love we ought to share together as one. This is not brain washing contact great baba now on his email: Highersolutiontemple@yahoo.com

    AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK HIM ON:

    Greatbabaofsolution.blogspot.com

    Highersolutiontemple.blogspot.com

    THIS IS GENUINE. NO SCAM. Hi! My name is Myriam Boyer. I want to tell my testimony to the whole world how this great and powerful man called great baba helped me to bring back my partner. My man left me for another lady for five years. I almost gave up until my friend advised me and introduced me to this great man whom she met on the internet. I never believed at first but she encouraged me and i tried to believe and contacted him on his email. I told and explained everything to him and he assured me that he will help me and that i should not worry too much. I believed him and i did all that he asked me to do which i did and it work perfectly and my husband came back to me begging for forgiveness. I am so happy and excited now. I discovered that when my husband came back he even loved me more than the way he used to love me before he left me. great baba opened up his eyes to see how much i love him and how much love we ought to share together as one. This is not brain washing contact great baba now on his email: Highersolutiontemple@yahoo.com

    AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK HIM ON:

    Greatbabaofsolution.blogspot.com

    Highersolutiontemple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a promise to tell my testimony all over the globe once my man come back to me and my husband came just as Great Mother told me when she helped me. I made the right choice to have contacted Great Mother the great spell caster who is capable of helping you solve your problems. My man left me to suffer and i never believed that he will come back to me again but when i contacted Great Mother she assured me that my man will come again. She gave me some list of items to buy but i could not get them in my country and so i sent her the money and she bought the items and prepared the perfect love spell. My husband ran back to me in 3 days time begging for forgiveness THIS IS SO REAL AND GENUINE. NO SCAMS. I was so surprise that the spell worked just as she told me. This is so amazing and i want you to believe because Great Mother is so real and i urge you contact her now on her email so that she can also help you the way she helped me. Her email is Greatmotherofsolutiontemple@yahoo.com and you can also contact her with her phone number on whats app +2348078359876 you can also check and contact her on
    Greatmotherofpowers.blogspot.com
    Greatmotherofsolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


  5. I had doubts about magic spells after purchasing many spells that never worked I actually decided to never buy a spell again. I have tried different spell casters..Some of them never answered me after I paid and were obvious scammers, some really cast a spell but for some reason it didn't work. Then I saw a video on you-tube with a person who was mentioning she had results with Mama Anita. Despite the suspicions I had her site looked real so I gave spells a last try. It's probably the best decision I ever made in my life because it worked and my boyfriend came back with me After I broke up with him I spent a lot of time wishing that I could just turn the clock backwards.He helped me do just that. In fact our relationship feels like the break up never even happened. We have never been this happy or passionate, all thanks to mama Anita. If you're looking for a good spell caster look no further,you can contact her straight on (mama.anitatruelovespell@gmail.com).or (mamaanita.lovespellsolution@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete