YogaToes

YogaToes_symptoms

Friday, September 11, 2015

Plantar fasciitis and ICD10 coding, what do you need to know?

This is an easy one, you just need to know the new ICD-10 code from the old ICD-9 code.  The plantar fasciitis, much to my surprise, does not have laterality.  So the old plantar fasciitis ICD-9 code was 728.71 and now is M72.2.

I'm guessing that when ICD-11 hits this will change, but for now it is a pretty simple and straightforward conversion.

So a new patient with right foot plantar fasciitis would look like this:

ICD-10 Diagnosis codes:
M72.2       Plantar fasciitis
M79.604   Pain in limb right limb
M77.31     Heel spur right calcaneus(if on x-ray there is a spur and you dictate it, I would recommend this code as well.)  Being as specific as possible is going to be very important in ICD-10. The M77.31 specifies laterally for right side and the code for left heel spur is M77.32.

CPT procedure codes for this patient would be:
99203       If you have documented well and spent the appropriate amount of time with the patient you have a new patient encounter of this level.
73630 R   If you are taking X-rays in office to rule out stress fracture or evaluate possible heel spur, this is the 3 views of the foot with the appropriate right sided modifier.  But this is where we see our laterally with plantar fasciitis in the x-rays.

I hope this helps makes your life a little easier in the ICD-10 new world of billing. I know in my practice I see a ton of plantar fasciitis, so I was happy to see these codes were not terribly convoluted. If you do not have a "superbill" we have a quick reference sheet, for what we see as podiatrist most common diagnosis, available at our website at http://centeranklefootcare.com/catalog/c14_p1.html
this is an editable rtf and pdf format.

Good luck with your billing!

Michele McGowan, DPM

6 comments:

  1. On October 1, 2015, the ICD-9 code sets used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures will be replaced by ICD-10 code sets. ICD-10 codes are more descriptive with a major focus on anatomy, physiology, and precise locations and causes of injuries and illnesses.

    ICD 10 India

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to Dr. Keke Odin the chief priest of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my husband who left i and the kids for almost three months within the space of two days after following all instruction given to me. i am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and i pray God almighty give you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationship and marital problem like mine. for help you can contact him now through his email and mobile number below

      Email: greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com

      Mobile Number: +1 386-336-9876

      website: http://greatkekespelltemple01.webs.com



      i want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to Dr. Keke Odin the chief priest of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my husband who left i and the kids for almost three months within the space of two days after following all instruction given to me. i am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and i pray God almighty give you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationship and marital problem like mine. for help you can contact him now through his email and mobile number below

      Email: greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com

      Mobile Number: +1 386-336-9876

      website: http://greatkekespelltemple01.webs.com


      i want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to Dr. Keke Odin the chief priest of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my husband who left i and the kids for almost three months within the space of two days after following all instruction given to me. i am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and i pray God almighty give you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationship and marital problem like mine. for help you can contact him now through his email and mobile number below

      Email: greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com

      Mobile Number: +1 386-336-9876

      website: http://greatkekespelltemple01.webs.com

      Delete
  2. Whether working or exercising, we all spend an enormous amount of time on our feet. According to a recent study, three out of four people experience a serious foot problem at least once in their lifetime. We treat in Foot pain, Foot problems, Plantar Fasciitis .Plantar fasciitis treatment, Achilles heel, Bunion, Foot conditions and Heel Pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post,thank you for sharing this with us!
    With Plantar Fasciitis, the bottom of your foot usually hurts near the inside, where the heel and arch meet and we provide effective solutions for all foot problems.plantar fasciitis

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS GENUINE. NO SCAM. Hi! My name is Myriam Boyer. I want to tell my testimony to the whole world how this great and powerful man called great baba helped me to bring back my partner. My man left me for another lady for five years. I almost gave up until my friend advised me and introduced me to this great man whom she met on the internet. I never believed at first but she encouraged me and i tried to believe and contacted him on his email. I told and explained everything to him and he assured me that he will help me and that i should not worry too much. I believed him and i did all that he asked me to do which i did and it work perfectly and my husband came back to me begging for forgiveness. I am so happy and excited now. I discovered that when my husband came back he even loved me more than the way he used to love me before he left me. great baba opened up his eyes to see how much i love him and how much love we ought to share together as one. This is not brain washing contact great baba now on his email: Highersolutiontemple@yahoo.com

    AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK HIM ON:

    Greatbabaofsolution.blogspot.com

    Highersolutiontemple.blogspot.com

    THIS IS GENUINE. NO SCAM. Hi! My name is Myriam Boyer. I want to tell my testimony to the whole world how this great and powerful man called great baba helped me to bring back my partner. My man left me for another lady for five years. I almost gave up until my friend advised me and introduced me to this great man whom she met on the internet. I never believed at first but she encouraged me and i tried to believe and contacted him on his email. I told and explained everything to him and he assured me that he will help me and that i should not worry too much. I believed him and i did all that he asked me to do which i did and it work perfectly and my husband came back to me begging for forgiveness. I am so happy and excited now. I discovered that when my husband came back he even loved me more than the way he used to love me before he left me. great baba opened up his eyes to see how much i love him and how much love we ought to share together as one. This is not brain washing contact great baba now on his email: Highersolutiontemple@yahoo.com

    AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK HIM ON:

    Greatbabaofsolution.blogspot.com

    Highersolutiontemple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete